Instagram的新面貌

伊恩斯帕尔特,Instagram设计负责人

The question then became, how far do we go? If you abstract too much, the glyph doesn’t feel tied to the history and soul of InstagramIf you make it too literal, it’s hard to justify changing from what we currently have.

After a lot of refinement, we landed on a glyph that still suggests a camera, but also sets the groundwork for years to come.

Instagram似乎是“测量两次,切一次“有点公司协商,几乎是一个错误即使你不同意他们今天采取品牌的方向,也不要想到他们一时兴起这样做在其他人都持平之后,他们坚持使用旧的仿形相机图标多年现在他们已经走了一些非常不同的东西,非常抽象我喜欢这个主意,但我不确定他是否关心他们到达的彩虹渐变白色设备与彩色渐变背景的结合让我想起了相当多的东西十年前的一些iPod广告他们选择的颜色看起来与旧图标彩虹的颜色无关简而言之,它的外观和感觉就像是一个全新的Instagram品牌,而不是他们旧品牌的更新或更新 - 而且我不相信这是正确的举动甚至可以像把“皮革”放在相机的上半部分一样简单,这里提出的通过伊恩风暴泰勒,将保留更多的原始品牌。

应用程序内的变化,我绝对喜欢Spalter因此描述了这些变化:

While the icon is a colorful doorway into the Instagram app, once inside the app, we believe the color should come directly from the community’s photos and videosWe stripped the color and noise from surfaces where people’s content should take center stage, and boosted color on other surfaces like sign up flows and home screens.

与图标一样,这是一个极化的变化它是严重的黑色和白色鉴于我们花了更多的时间应用程序,而不是看它的主屏幕图标,我有点惊讶他们没有与黑白之一他们考虑的图标设计,使图标与UI匹配。

来自网络的一些反应:

  • 创办人Kevin Systrom的帖子宣布了新面貌有超过700条评论在我看来,大多数都是消极的但是激进的图标变化总是如此Some people will genuinely dislike any new icon; it’s the change itself they dislike — the loss of something familiar如果您允许用户对其进行投票,则任何热门应用都不会获得新图标。

  • 蒂姆·纳德为Adweek撰稿:“Instagram的新标识是一个讽刺Can We Change It Back? Please?”。

  • Eli Schiff:“这是令人厌恶的“。

  • 9月份来自迈克尔比耶特的精彩推文

    Most people comment on logo launches as if they’re judging a diving competition when they should be judging a swimming competition

  • 迈克戴维森

    Remember that with logos there is: 1) How you first feel about it, 2) How it settles in, and 3) How it ages.

    (And the first is the least important if you are talking about a redesign.)

  • Armin Vit,在全新的写作,有一个精明的作用(照常):

    我怀疑有谁会做蛋糕和饼干in the shape of the new Instagram logo and that’s the biggest problem the new logo faces: it’s not the old logoThe ensuing shitstorm on the internet today will be epicAbout 75% of the negative reaction will be simply to the fact that it has changed and the other 25% will be to the not-quite-fact that there is a generic aesthetic to the new icon where it could be a “camera” icon for the upcoming smart microwave from Apple or whatever other user interface you would imagineThis is not to say it’s a bad-looking icon, no… as far as camera icons go, this is quite lovely and has the minimal amount of elements necessary to be recognized as a camera BUT not the minimal amount of elements necessary to be recognized as Instagram.

  • Fast Company对Ian Spalter的采访

    现在最大的问题之一是用户将如何反应Spalter, when asked if he’s ready for the vitriol that can attend the redesign of such a familiar icon, laughs “Maybe I’ll take a vacation,” he says“在沙坑里。”